Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Think It Is My Destiny to Have to Go to Two Different Airports Each Time I Travel

I started out my trip to Brazil by going to Laguardia airport (correctly) and ending up having to go to JFK (the full story is in my facebook notes if you haven't already seen it.) 

Today, or yesterday really, I had the lovely experience of realizing that my flight to Manaus was out of Sao Paulo, and I was in the beautiful city of Rio de Janeiro.  

After having a slight panic attack, and not being able to get a hold of anyone who could help me attempt to change my flight, I decided to make the 6 hour bus ride trek to Sao Paulo.  So I hopped on an 11:30 p.m. bus, and arrived in SP by 6:30 a.m. - perfect timing for my 9:30 a.m. flight.  There was of course an hour delay where our bus literally sat at a standstill, making me think there was going to be another China like delay, but all of a sudden traffic was moving again.


This was a strange experience.  Typically in NY, when you are sitting in traffic, you are at least creeping along slowly.  We were literally completely stopped, and then all of a sudden traffic was moving at full speed.  I am not exactly sure how that happens, but I'm not sure I care either.


This is also not the first time I've had this lovely two-airport experience.  A few years ago, while travelling to New Orleans with my friends, we had a connection in D.C.  and of course we landed at Reagan, and our connection was at Dulles (or the other way around, I can't remember.)


Such is my life of airport travel.  Only me...


Next post will be from the Brazilian state of Amazonas!!!!

P.S. - the bus system in Brazil is absloutely amazing!  The terminal was waaay better than any airport I've ever been to, and when you borad the bus they give you a box of snacks, a juice box and a blanket.  The seats go really far back so you can sleep, and there is a full leg rest thingy, so it's like you are in a bed.  And this only cost me about $50 american dollars.  The U.S. should take some tips!!

No comments:

Post a Comment